Summer is just around the corner, the kids are getting let out of school and the weather is finally consistently nice out. So if you’re like most Utahns you’re going to be looking for something to do with the family on the weekends coming up here. Well, we at ConcealedCarry.com have just learned about a great idea for you and the whole family this coming weekend thanks to Utah Shooters. It’s an event called Shootah and it looks like a lot of fun. Take a look.
According to Utah Shooters website, Shootah is set to be Utah’s largest public live-fire event. It’s going to start at 10:00 AM and will run until 4:00 PM on Saturday, June 9th and according to the website will be showcasing a lot of interesting things, such as…
- Local manufacturers will show-off and have available to demo their latest and greatest products to the public.
- Shooting. Not just any shooting. All of those guns that you see in the movies and wish you could get your trigger finger on….they’ll be there, thanks to some of our local shooting ranges. (shooting firearms at the vendor booths may incur an additional charge from the vendors depending on what you’d like to shoot)
- Axe throwing. What? Yes. Grunting encouraged.
- A HUGE raffle for some great products will be held with winners drawn throughout the day.
- Some different mini-shooting competitions put on by different vendors will be held throughout the day.
- The best food trucks this side of the Jordan River!
- A “beat the pro” shooting station. How do you stack up?
There will also be raffles at the event and Utah Shooters will even be giving away a customized AR-15!
We will also have some of our buddies at Pig Lube bringing some product to Shootah, and some of their products will be given away as well!
For a better preview of the event, and for those of you who like watching a bunch of guns being fired, which should hopefully be all of you reading this, Utah Shooters has released a video previewing some of the festivities.
So if that sounds like a good bit of fun for the family on a Saturday, the location of Shootah is The FARM training facility in Fairfield, UT. 35 minutes off the I-15 American Fork exit, heading west.
Tickets are $20 for adults and $1 for children under 18, but if you want the VIP treatment you can pay $100 get entry to the event as well as 100 raffle tickets, one (1) .50 cal round to shoot at one of the Shootah vendors, and a Shootah hat.
So what do you all think? Does this look like an event you want to attend? Let us know in the comments below!